Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Why can't you see it MY way, Jack??



     There are times that we are so sure of ourselves, but in actuality, we're likely seeing only half truth - Are we responding with a soft answer that turns away wrath? Or are we reacting to the other person, even before they speak? If we had a tape recorder to listen to ourselves in the conversation, would we have reason to be proud or ashamed?

      I remember years ago my sister taped me and my daughter without my knowing- when I went back to watch it with a smile on my face, expecting to laugh, I literally went away in shame and broken hearted in the way I'd spoken to my own child- ever since then, hard lesson tho it were, I've tried to weigh my words to others since- I've made many a mistake and put my foot in my mouth many times- but oh the joy when I do get it right! Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment