Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Those irritating splinters~



     "I can't get anything out of this closet!" or "This is how hoarders get started, by just throwing things into a closet because they don't wanna pick them up." I could just hear it in my head...So I better clean it out before it happens.
   
      While I'm tossing items out into the bedroom to make room for organization, I picked up a wicker Easter basket and in the process of forcing it into the Easter colored storage container (which should by now be up in the attic), a sly splinter just slid right into my index finger. YOWZER! Off I go to find a tiny needle that won't hurt much while trying to scrape away the skin so's I can finagle a bulky tweezer to remove the thing. Gotcha!

      That made me think of those irritating issues in our lives that, if not removed from our innerds, will make our lives miserable, tiny tho they are. Irritations such as cutting comments from a stranger or loved one; worries; health issues; the list goes on...
   
      What has worked for me, to name a few, is someone listening to me, or random scriptures or songs that just seem to release me like a pair of tweezers...But when I don't deal with it, such 'minor' things can really upset me. By upsetting I mean, depression, crying, sulking, thinking less of myself, thinking less of others ---No matter what others may tell us, we're all the same...we all have the same temptations, there is nothing new under the sun, the Bible says. Let us deal with these splinters, before they deal with us too long. I Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.


1 comment:

  1. I really like it so far. You should really keep going. :)

    ReplyDelete