Thursday, September 20, 2018

Delving into the Word for myself...

πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š
Hearing and seeing so many things, so many 'voices' from one direction or another...I have to look into the Word of God and ask Him, "is this true; is this possible; what do You say about this?"

So I get out the Bible, my journal, my pen for note taking, dictionary, Study Tools on iphone or books,...and I talk to the Lord, I find scriptures that are meaningful to me about what I'm wanting to know, and I know that He guides me by the Holy Spirit that lives within me, that He promised the disciples He would send after He went to be on the right hand of the Father. I've been walking with the Lord for a long time, and I have felt Him guide me and speak to me, on my inside, many, many times, and has answered many a prayer.  HIS way, in a way that I KNOW it was Him that spoke to me about whatever it is.

When there was any type of trial in my life, be it our kids, my marriage, my relationships, my health, ANYTHING that I was going through, I always ended up falling back into prayer and the Bible. I say 'ended up' because I didn't always do the right thing, but when I would go to the Lord first, it was always a good thing, and He'd show me through the scriptures what to do.  Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
 
The baptism of the Holy Spirit
Mark 16:17
Acts 2:4
Mark 1:8
John 1:33
John 14:26
John 20:22
Acts 1:5
Acts 2:4    And they were ALL filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
 
So much more of this in the Word, never does it say that the gifts STOPPED in the book of Acts, or that it was just for the Apostles.  It said ALL were filled. I Corinthians 14 speaks about the gifts; actually, do your own research into the gifts of the Holy Spirit.  Ask the Lord to show you what the Word says about everything. 

Lately, I've been hearing so many opinions about what this one believes, that one says,...There are many voices coming from every direction.  I pray, "Lord, I don't want to be deceived."  When I hear something that doesn't sound "right" but I can't put my finger as to why, I go to the Word and I search it out. When I'm looking into the Bible for TRUTHS, I'm at peace.  But whenever I hear something  that just seems "off", it's like a check inside of me says, "No, that's not sound, something just doesn't seem right."  It doesn't matter if it's a preacher, a friend, a relative, or even my own self, if I'm uncomfortable, I find out why. 

If someone is talking to me, for example, and I don't feel right about what they're saying, the best thing for me to do is say "Lord, help me with this, what to say or not say, should I keep quiet at this time...."  Then I go and read the Word and pray about it.  Sometimes I just have to wait until He opens a door to bring something important up, at the right time, .  (1 Peter 3:15)

That's where the Holy Spirit comes in, as well.  Teaching me all things, truths, a bit at a time: line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little.  (Isaiah 28:10, 13)
 
Why am I even talking about this. The full gospel, not just bits and pieces. Healings are for today, whether every single person sees it or not, there are some that have seen many healings for themselves and others.  Tongues, gifts of the Holy spirit, like prophecy, word of knowledge, word of wisdom...
 
How do you know if it's from God. Well, Matt. 6:27 Or who is there among you, who, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone.
 
Baptism in water
 
Why are many of the churches of today not talking about repentence of sin, baptism in the Holy Spirit, baptism in water? What's changed?  A subtle process, right? Like throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

'Nuff for now...
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Always a pleasure to read what you write.

    It is sobering, honest and causes me to stop and ponder.

    Thanks for continuing to share, as you walk the path laid out before you.

    ReplyDelete