Tuesday, March 2, 2021

In the midst of deceit

In reading Jeremiah 8 & 9; it's just like the very same events that are taking place in America now, and throughout the world. The sins of His people and the nations apply not only to Israel, but to "mystery Babylon"; Amerika, which it has become. 

For instance:

8:18 When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me. 

9:5 And they will deceive every one his neighbour, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies, and weary themselves to commit iniquity.6 Thine habitation is in the midst of deceit; through deceit they refuse to know me, saith the Lord.

9:9 Shall I not visit them for these things? saith the Lord: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?

Definition of deceit: Merium-Webster.com
1 : the act of causing someone to accept as true or valid what is false or invalid : the act or practice of deceiving : deception achieving one's goals through a web of deceit
2 : an attempt or device to deceive : trick
Her excuse turned out to be a deceit.
3 : the quality of being dishonest or misleading : the quality of being deceitful : deceitfulness … far from deceit or guile.— John Milton
 
Come again?! Yep, sounds about right!

No comments:

Post a Comment