Tuesday, August 21, 2018

What's more...

 
 
We were able to return to our hometown in south Louisiana end of 2016.  My husband accepted retirement in mid '16, and I'd had to take immediate resignation from working the same week I was diagnosed.  We love being back home; we've done more visiting friends and relatives since being here than we'd done in the twelve years we'd lived in the Houston area.  We believe it was definitely a good move to be in Houston because of the medical treatment I was able to receive by living so close to MDAnderson Cancer Center.  Many people from around the world do travel there for medical reasons, but we were fortunate to be within an hour's drive.

After the eight pound spleen was removed in August 2016, I'd lost so much weight, basically anorexic for a good while.  The spleen pushed against my stomach causing a "full" sensation.  Lost weight fast, but I've now put more on than I need over this time.  We're going to buy a second hand bike today, can't wait to start doing exercise again.  My right foot was operated on few years ago, causing walking long distances a problem.  Hope this works, will let y'all know. (smile)

We know, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Lord has given me these days of life...the Bible does say that He knows how many days each person has to live. So happy to still be here; I do have a bucket list, but that's my secret for now. (smile)

In Revelation 12:11 ~ And they overcame him (devil) by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.  Talking about Christians, those that give their lives to Jesus Christ the Son of God, and believe on Him.  I've made a lot of mistakes/sins/etc. over my life and since becoming a Christian myself.  If anyone thinks it's a smooth road, that's not true.  I've lived many places in my aged life, met thousands of people.  There isn't a person alive that hasn't had trials and tribulations.  Not one.  Everyone goes through the fire.  It's what creates in us character and growth. The Bible also says not to despise the chastening of the Lord.  We should correct our children, and if we haven't, we've done them wrong.  We need correction in our lives when we're out of line, so to speak. 

As they say, if someone is walking close to the edge of a cliff, out of love, or not, we warn them, right? If they continue to walk along the edge out, their choice, and fall over and get hurt or die, they were warned. 

So if we know of a way to overcome the grave, overcome sin, overcome hardships, and the list goes on, and we don't tell others, or warn them that there's definitely a hell and a heaven, and they don't just RIP, rest in peace and do nothing but lie down in their grave and deteriorate.  Hey, that's what happens, amen?  Then shame on us.

There are hurting people everywhere.  I find I'm more inclined towards those that are hurting, probably because they WANT someone to help them. Generally speaking.  Those that are content, don't want you to share with them.  Generally speaking.

SO....leave that with you for now.....




1 comment:

  1. Once more, a very good read!

    Isn't it amazing the things God believes we can walk through.

    ReplyDelete