Tuesday, August 21, 2018

And again...


After the spleen was removed, MDA Dr. V put me on Jakafi twice a day.  This takes care of most of the symptoms of Myelofibrosis, as well as helping to prevent the liver to become enlarged like the spleen was.  Jakafi was just put on FDA approval so by the time of my surgery, I qualified per protocol to be put on it.  Not everyone can take it nor are some able to remain on it for long.  Everyone is different.  It will either eventually not work for me anymore, or it will help the bone marrow to continue to make blood.  I have to follow up with Mary Bird Cancer Center here in Houma.  So every few months, my blood work is done by my Dr. K there, and check ups.   I don't have to go to MDA but once a year now.  What a relief!  My main pain is usually caused from nerve damage to my back...from what they're not sure. Again, they still haven't found a cure for Myelofibrosis, but the LORD is not limited and nothing is too difficult for Him!.

No comments:

Post a Comment