Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Who alone....

Decided I wanted to listen to the Word while making my bed so I placed the CD of the New Testament into the Boz alarm clock/CD player..it's one of those sets that have music in the background to help hold your interest. The narrator was in I Timothy 6, that Jesus the true Potentate alone has immortality.

I grabbed my bible because to ME it sounded like Jesus is the ONLY one that has immortality. Got my IPad, searched the iPad bible I have, looked up those scriptures and definitions...

Now I understand what it says ~ I Timothy 6:16: "Jesus...who only hath immortality" (the part I needed clarifying) means He is the only one that HAS immortality or the ability to give it to others.  God in the flesh spent 3 days in hell, fought whatever battles he had to fight there, and rose from the dead WITH THE KEYS TO HELL AND DEATH!!

Revelations 1:18: "I am He that liveth and was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and  have the keys of hell and of death."

In 2008, I was diagnosed with an incurable terminal illness, a rare bone marrow cancer. My diagnosis would be the result of a bone marrow biopsy so I wouldn't know for close to a week. But the first night in the ER I told The Lord, YOU tell me what I need to know, PLEASE! 

I opened my bible and Proverbs 23:18 stood out of the pages: "For surely there is an end, and thine expectation shall not be cut off." Here He was, telling me my life would not be cut off but the doctors were telling me that my life WOULD be cut off, prognosis was 5 years ONCE DIAGNOSED with myelofibrosis.

I am now termed "clinically improved". Am on the second research medication, and have better quality of life than initially expected. I give God all the glory, and thankful for being on a research medication that works for me.

So yeah, death is likely more on my mind than some because of this "little issue". So maybe now it makes a little more sense why I wanted to have that assurance of eternal life that the Robertson family has. The more I'm in the word and build up my faith, the sturdier I'm getting. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment