Monday, September 9, 2013

Needing that "assurance"

Ever feel totally helpless-what can I do about what's going on in our country, my family, what I'm going thru right now, my health, things that I have no control over, the future- wake up scared and don't even really realize you're depressed and scared ~ just happens slowly.

Max Lucado just wrote a book Pray It Through, tell The Lord how you feel.. So I did, I told him while I cried a little. Feeling like if I really let the flood gates loose, there would be no stopping it..I heard long ago, that The Lord wants to be the first person I go to when I need to confide in someone. But I've been holding it in. Why do I do that??!

The  next thing I read on Facebook, someone had posted words that went something like this: The Lord knows where you are and who you are and what you're going thru. Tell Him how you feel.

Well it made me feel like he is so much closer than my finite mind even realizes- cuz all of a sudden, I have peace. "Peace that passes all understanding". That happened without me trying!

Some of my family members tease me because I watch Duck Dynasty reruns, the Robertsons on U-Tube, read their books, everything I can get my hands on about them...I know why I do it: because of the CONFIDENCE they have in Christ. Maybe if I listen to their preachings enough it'll sink in?

They have such an assurance of their standing with Him, where they're going when they die, and the desire to tell EVERY one they come in contact with about Jesus and what He's done for us. I have always wanted to be like that, to have that assurance, and to know HOW to share Christ with others. I feel I fall so short.

Should I be sharing this part of myself with the whole world, or whoever reads my blog? I tend to think, I'm not the only one that feels this way. What have I got to lose: nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment