Saturday, April 18, 2020

Be not afraid ~

Do we have help: yes, for we overcome by the power of His might.  We have power: yes, the power of the Holy Spirit and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God .  Do we have hope: yes, our hope is in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We overcome fear by the Word of God and the power of His might, by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Since the Word of God is sharper than any twoedged sword, then it must be supernaturally effect against the powers and principalities of darkness.

 "3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not [a]carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled." 2 Corinthians 10

If you don't know Jesus, then all of this sounds foreign to you. If you do know Him, then you understand. Or you once walked with Him but feel you have stepped aside, like the prodigal son.  The Bible says He is longsuffering and full of mercy to forgive. His Grace is sufficient.

That does not mean we do our own thing. It does mean that when we turn to the Lord we are to live a holy and pure life and turn from sin. Why would anyone want to continue in sin after they've come to realize He's real and His love for us is so definite; because for a season, sin is comfortable but it still leads to death spiritually, physically, emotionally....

There is no sin that is not covered by the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  When He said "It is finished." on the cross then gave up the ghost, meaning He died, His spirit left His body, it meant exactly that. Every sickness, disease, sin and overcoming the enemy, which is Satan and any and everything he conjures up, Jesus has defeated. Period. Done. Finished.

And spiritual warfare WORKS!  How do I know for myself, you might ask.  Okay.

The other day I had severe pain in my right flank which felt like possible kidney stones. Couldn't go to the hospital due to the lockdown and all of this prevention going on, so I would have to wait for the doctor's office to open in two more hours. Two more hours!! The pain was unbearable.  As others were praying for me, I told my husband to go take the dog for a walk because I needed to be alone: I needed to do spiritual warfare on my own and I wanted to do it now.  

Approximately one minute later after I'd begun to combat with the Word of God out loud, the pain disappeared!  I've had people say all sorts of things about why the pain left, but they were only guessing because since I hadn't had a CT scan, how would they know?  But it was gone and I give God all the credit and all the glory. I don't care what anyone says, I know why it left! 

I've done spiritual warfare over many areas of my life and over and for others. So why am I still having to deal with certain health issues, I don't know but what I do know is this:

I stand on 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. Weakness = Greek word asthencia = feebleness (of mind or body); malady, frailty, disease, infirmity, sickness, weakness. 

I'm believing for my own miracles, some things we have hope for, right? Some things are instant, some we wait with hope for.  Just like waiting for a check in the mail, or money from a 401K to be deposited into your checking account that you've been assured will come. Although you have to wait for it, it doesn't mean it won't show up eventually. (smiling) 

No comments:

Post a Comment