Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Lest I forget

I awoke this morning to a very cloudy rainy day, which seemed to match my mood, my feelings - could be guilt for not doing what I knew I should do about a given situation, concerns for just whatever- I admit, the lies of the enemy at times seem very convincing-
I walked into our front room and looked out of the window, and up through those dark storm clouds was this one “small” opening revealing what’s actually BEHIND those dark clouds: the blue skies are still THERE!!

It was like a REVELATION- it was like the Lord was showing me that even when there’s a storm in our lives, HE’S STILL HERE! He never left, He hasn’t deserted me.

Image result for sunshine thru clouds photos

I know, MANY of us know, that the world is gonna get VERY dark, and that’s putting it mildly.  But we must ALWAYS remember, HE IS ALWAYS WITH ME.


Psalm 27:1-14 KJV
[1] The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? [2] When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. [3] Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. [4] One thing have I desired of the Lord , that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord , and to enquire in his temple. [5] For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. [6] And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord . [7] Hear, O Lord , when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. [8] When thou saidst , Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord , will I seek. [9] Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. [10] When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up. [11] Teach me thy way, O Lord , and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. [12] Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. [13] I had fainted , unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. [14] Wait on the Lord : be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment